Tuesday, April 8, 2014






Purpose

  • To determine where values change when light moves over an uneven surface by using a range of gray values to paint the different values in a realistic self-portrait;

  • To become familiar with the structure of the face by painting a realistic self-portrait.
  • To effectively communicate an image that looks like you through careful examination of the values of your face

Artist Studied

Lucy Fradkin, Anne Harris, Gwen Hardie, Vincent Giarrano, and Tun Ping Wang!

I am most proud of my hair. I think that my hair is very well defined, and it looks very cool. I think it looks cool the way the other colors are shining from the light. Also I think the the features in my hair, such as the outline looks really defined. It borders the background color very well, and I think that the background color works well with my warm blue!:)


I think the feedback the Isabella gave me was very helpful! She told me that I needed more work and more detail in the eye area. So I did so; I believe that when I made changes in my eyes, and made them more detailed it made my artwork better. Also she told me that another coat was needed on the entire painting, which I proceeded to do, and at the end of the day, that made a heck of a difference!:P


1 comment:

  1. looks great kid keep up the good work and youll make it in the big leagues!

    ReplyDelete