Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Still Life Drawing! :)

Purpose:

  • To create a still-life drawing that demonstrates understanding of angles & ellipses in perspective, along with using a variety of mark-making techniques to describe form and value;
  • To demonstrate quality craftsmanship and good composition skills in a drawing.


I tried to exhibit the technique of Henry Moore! I used the lines that Henry Moore would use, and if he was to look at mine, he might say “wow”. I did a great job with shading, going from dark, to light, or the other way around. I did leave it so you can see the brown paper, but that makes it look good. If you see this by the common eye, one might enjoy looking at it. I think the lining somewhat worked well with me.

I learned all of the line stuff. Such as pressing harder, or putting your lines together makes it darker, and not pushing it as hard and putting your lines further apart will make it lighter! All of this is important because it helps me become a well rounded artist!

Henry Moore, John Whalley, & Vincent van Gogh

No comments:

Post a Comment